Stephen Slauenwhite In 60 Seconds...
A diversified business leader with extensive commercial banking and manufacturing experience. Stephen has provided guidance and mentorship to large teams in the Commercial Banking industry working with all size of companies. An entrepreneur at heart, he can “speak the language” with business owners and can translate how to work with their financial institutions to achieve business goals.
Extensive experience with financing, succession planning, business growth, cash management, foreign exchange and alternative lending. He brings a wealth of knowledge to connect partners to businesses.
Stephen is committed to making his community in Atlantic Canada a better place to live.
- Past Board Member of Develop Nova Scotia.
- Past President of the Canadian Progress Club in Corner Brook, Newfoundland.
- Past member of the CPA New Brunswick’s Audit Committee.
- He is a volunteer member of Financial Executives International‘s Private Company Finance Committee providing coaching & mentorship to other professional CFO’s.
Education & Professional Accounting Designations
- Certified Management Accountant CMA
- Chartered Professional Accountant CPA
- Executive MBA degree from Saint Mary’s University
Stephen and his team provide fractional CFO services in Halifax, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland & Labrador.
Track Record Highlights
- Prior to becoming a CFO, as Vice President of Commercial Finance in Nova Scotia, provided leadership and mentoring to a team of 20 Commercial Account Managers supporting 1,800 business owners in Atlantic Canada.
- Negotiated in excess of $50-million in asset financing to fuel growth strategies over 8-years.
- Successfully negotiated and completed the acquisition of a U.S. manufacturing facility within 30-days of accepted offer.
- Eliminated a substantial U.S. Tax Treaty liability by reorganizing the corporate structure of 60-year-old, multi-plant manufacturer in 12-months.
- During 25 years with Royal Bank, senior positions in Newfoundland as Manager Operations, in Nova Scotia as VP Commercial, in New Brunswick as Regional VP and the Dutch Caribbean as Market Head.
- Extensive experience with financing, succession planning, business growth, cash management, foreign exchange and alternative lending. He brings a wealth of knowledge to marry partners to businesses.
- CFO of large, multi plant manufacturing company with an export focus. Establishing a cross border structure, financing solutions for growth, ERP conversion and leading a DB Pension Plan conversion
- Increased the solvency position of a defined benefit pension plan from 59% to 94% solvency.
- Platinum Club Member: 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada
- Commercial Banking
- Financial Services
- Transport Logistics
Looking For Something Specific?
Tell us what you're looking for & in as little as 48-hours of contacting us, we'll arrange a meeting with a Fractional CFO from our team of 100+ who has the experience you need to help you achieve the numbers that really matter to you.
Let us save you (valuable) time searching. Contact us.