Robert Kunihiro In 60 Seconds...
A 20+ year career CFO/COO most recently for large automotive tier 1 suppliers ($1b-$5b USD Sales) ABC Technologies and Yazaki North & Central America. Very well connected in the automotive industry and related government agencies and a past Board member of APMA (Canadian Auto Suppliers Association) and Accelerate ZEV (Electric Vehicle Advocacy. Also, public company CFO for a software company and VP Finance for a Pet Products Retailer / Franchisor.
Providing fractional CFO services for small & medium businesses in Ontario, Greater Toronto Region of Halton Peel, including: Mississauga, Brampton, Burlington, Bolton, Oakville, Milton.
- Board Member – Accelerate ZEV, Canada’s ZEV Supply Chain Alliance, Clean Tech
- Special Advisor (Past) – Automotive Industry: Trillium Network for Advanced Manufacturing
- Stromvolt (Past) – Director of Strategy (Lithium Ion Battery Start up)
- Variety Village, The Children’s Charity: Board Member – Audit Committee (Past)
Chartered Professional Accountant, CPA CA
U.S. Certified Public Accountant CPA
Led a cross functional process to reduce costs by 300m per year
Sold non-core divisions and entered into highly strategic JV's
Standardized metrics and led the daily management process
Successfully engineered a sale to PE above industry multiples at
Designed and implemented a matrix structure with BU's and Core Functions
Track Record Highlights
- Achieved record earnings in a 75-year-old company by standardizing KPIs and leading daily management processes.
- Increased EBITDA margin by 3.5% on $1B revenues in 5-years by sparking new product innovation and cascading improvements throughout the organization.
- Reduced overhead $200m a year (on $5b revenues) and drove earnings by developing key operating metrics and implementing a proactive daily management strategy.
- Divested 1 non-core division and negotiated 2 strategic joint-ventures, one of which resulted in a $100m plus business; becoming the largest in its category in North America.
- Executed the exit of a $1B multi-product enterprise to private equity at a multiple 20% higher than industry standard.
- manufacturing transport logistics Automotive
- retail consumer products Franchisor & Corporate
- technology media telecoms Middleware software
- National Sector Lead for Supply Chain & Manufacturing Industries.
Looking For Specific Industry Experience?
Tell us what you're looking for & in as little as 48-hours of contacting us, we'll arrange a meeting with a Fractional CFO from our team of 100+ who has the experience you need to help you achieve the numbers that really matter to you.
Let us save you (valuable) time searching. Contact us.