Simon Tam In 60 Seconds
Senior Finance & Business Partner supporting clients in developing business strategy and driving efficient organic and inorganic growth. Solid track record with MNCs in finance & control, ethics & compliance, corporate governance, and M&A obtained through decades of international and multi-sector experience.
Budgeting & Forecasting
Track Record Highlights
- 19 years of leadership experience with Oil & Gas giant, BP, based in HK, Shanghai & Singapore. Held business leadership roles covering Asia Pacific & Middle East regions delivering record performance.
- Played instrumental role in the BP & Castrol integration after merger in 2000 and transformed Greater China business to deliver profits after 2 years, built solid team & foundation for future growth.
- Conducted risk based internal audits for BP globally across upstream, downstream and functions. Developed extensive experience in corporate governance in an international setting.
- Led M&A projects in Asia Pacific covering the setting up of JVs, targets screening, acquisitions, divestment of non-core business and negotiations with government agencies including EDB of Singapore.
- Solid finance leadership experience with international and publicly listed FMCG companies in food sector, worked closely with all functions across the value chain to deliver efficient performance.
- mining-resources-energy Lubricants, Oil & Gas
- manufacturing-transport-logistics Food
- insurance Cash Management