For the purposes of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “PDPO”) the data controller is The FD Centre Limited of Badgers Brook, The Street, Lydiard Millicent, Swindon, SN5 3LU. Unless you instruct us otherwise, information (which includes any personal information) you provide to us will be used by The FD Centre and persons, bodies corporate or partnerships controlled (directly or indirectly) by The CFO Centre Group Limited.
1. What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
Personal information (which includes ‘personal data’ as defined in the PDPO) is generally collected so we can deliver requested materials or information.
We may collect and process the following types of personal information about you:
- We log your Internet Protocol (IP) address. The IP address indicates the location of your computer on the Internet and is used to connect your computer to the Internet. This information may be aggregated to provide statistical information about the users of our Site. No individual user will be identifiable from such information, which is used to ensure the Site reflects the needs of users. Whilst IP addresses may be categorised as personal information, we do not use this data to track your session.
- When you register with us, use our services, book to attend an event or submit a subscription request (e.g. to receive a newsletter or for marketing information), make an enquiry (either by submitting an online enquiry form or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise), and/or if you apply to work for The CFO Centre, you may be asked to provide some personal information such as your name and contact details (including telephone number, home address, date of birth and email address) and website registration credentials (username and password). Please note that if you send us your CV, you may be asked to provide us with certain additional personal data.
- We may also, from time to time while you are accessing the Site, request you to complete a survey form which may relate either to your use of the Site and/or information posted on the Site.
Your personal information is necessary to enable The CFO Centre to deal with your enquiry, but additional information may be requested to help us to provide the most appropriate response. If such additional information is requested, it is highlighted and its provision is voluntary.
Most browsers allow control of cookies through the browser settings. However, please be aware that this may impact negatively on your use of this and other sites
3. Use of information and opt-out
Information is used only for the specific purpose for which it was provided except where you explicitly select to receive other information from The CFO Centre. When requesting material or asking someone to contact you, you will have the option to request other information that may be of interest.
You can opt out of receiving information from The CFO Centre or request that your personal details are deleted from our systems at any time by e-mailing [email protected]
4. Updating your information
You may request that your personal information is corrected, amended or updated at any time by contacting us using the details listed below.
5. Provision of information to third parties
Information is normally only provided to a third party if it is required to deal with your enquiry, but there may be other circumstances where The CFO Centre is required to provide information as a result of legal or regulatory process.
The CFO Centre does not undertake marketing activities for third parties, nor does it provide information to third parties for their own marketing purposes.
The Site contains links to other websites. The CFO Centre is not responsible for the privacy policies of third party web sites to which links are provided. You should check the privacy policies on these sites before providing any personal information. This privacy statement relates only to information contained on, or gathered via, the Site.
7. Retention of information
In accordance with the PDPO, your personal information is only kept for as long as is necessary to fulfil your request or deal with your job application.
Where you have consented to additional information being provided to The CFO Centre, your details will be retained for a reasonable period of time.
8. Protecting your information
We take your online security seriously and have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Once we have received your information we will ensure that the collection and use of your information is in accordance with the PDPO. All personnel of The CFO Centre are required to keep personal information confidential and only authorised persons have access to such information.
Please note, however, that the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Criminals have and are using techniques aimed to defraud and exploit website users.
Typical types of criminal activities include:
- Email and website scams (including fraudulent emails and phishing);
- Website spoofing (i.e. where a criminal will steal a website’s code and create a fake website. This website will appear to be legitimate, but may in fact be a spoof);
- Lottery and sweepstakes letter scams.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
How you can protect yourself:
- Passwords: make sure that you choose a password which can be easily remembered but cannot be guessed. Also remember to change your password regularly and never share your password with another person. Passwords should not be written down or stored on your computer.
- Security questions: always choose a mix of questions that you think will be difficult for another person to guess the answers to.
- Logging out: once you have finished a session, always remember to log out of any accounts which you have signed in for and ensure that any share computer is not left unattended at any time.
- Stay vigilant: check that your anti-virus software and firewall settings are kept up to date. We will never ask you for your password or send you emails asking you for this type of information.
If you have any concerns or questions about the security of our Site or any personal information we collect from you, please do not hesitate to contact our marketing department on +852 3687 1088.
9. Changes to Privacy Statement
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement please email us on [email protected]
The CFO Centre does not require registration for access to the Site in general but you may be asked to register to access certain areas.