Melanie Walsh – Fractional CFO In 60 Seconds
As a fractional cfo, Melanie Walsh bring’s over 30 years of experience as a CFO/Business Owner specializing in start-ups and VC & PE backed companies across multiple industries. Melanie has led the charge on M&A transactions, performed risk assessments, and developed & validated business plans. In addition to this, Melanie has improved profits & decision making through KPIs, eliminated waste, managed cash flows, & ensured GAAP compliance.
To find out more Melanie’s fractional CFO experience, take a look at her profile here: LinkedIn
Operating two franchises as independent business owner overseeing thirty employees, responsible for overseeing sales, hiring, training, marketing/advertising, ensuring achievement of objectives and increasing bottom line. Direct management of investments, debt, financials, payroll, and professional services such as Legal, Government relations, Banking, and Tax.
As a fractional CFO, managed M&A transactions from inception through close (deals ranged from $1M to $800M). Completed first-ever financial investment in an educational search technology at a blue chip company.
Merged an established technology division of Vivendi Universal into Classwell, resulting in expense, operating and product development synergies and a reduction in combined losses $18M from pre-merger levels. Formulated business case and supporting financial rationale in 9 days and completed near-flawless integration in <6 weeks with 30 headcount reductions. Oversaw HR for 115 employees.
Policies & Procedures
Completed the 1st operational/technology/financial audit in company history, including internal and customer-related process controls. Subsequent audits were completed with no unanticipated adjustments.
Co-founded Classwell Learning Group, partnering with CEO to raise >$30M in first round financing – leading to the spin out from Houghton Mifflin. Developed the financial model, participated in investor presentations, documented due diligence, and co-negotiated shareholder agreements.
Track Record Highlights
- Reversed $1.6M EBITDA loss to break even and proved business model in one year. Developed financial model for determining standard pricing, created measurable and predictable metrics including site-based P&Ls to determine profitability by partner, and resolved all non-compliant activities including foreign corporation status, unemployment and workers’ compensation insurances, and other corporate compliance.
- Engineered company sale at $30M, a 3X multiple of prior year revenue doubling industry standard.
- Directly grew revenues from $500K to $2.5M over 4 years.
- As a fractional CFO, reversed $800K monthly cash burn to breakeven in less than 1 year – well before Board expectations.
- Created Offering Memorandum and raise of $30M in strategic and financial investors.
- media & telecoms
- sport & recreation
To find out how we can help you scale faster, increase cash, profit and valuation and build the business which enables you to fulfil your life's ambition, please book your 30 minute Discovery Call below...
What do you really want for your business and for you as an entrepreneur? Select the buttons that match your ambitions then...
Book your free Discovery call. Talk to a CFO and discover how to get what you really want from your business - and for you as an individual.