Simon Brown In 60 Seconds
|I have been a COO and FD in fast-growing, dynamic, and complex environments for over 25 years. I’m an experienced analyst of business problems and implementer of commercial solutions, with an ability to get things done and to present complex solutions in a manner which can be readily understood by all. Recently in PE, acquiring and selling quality-driven businesses with a view to wealth creation.|
PE involvement with acquisitions, divestments, business valuation and readiness for exit.
Managed relationship with many banks in the UK and overseas, including facility arrangement and forward planning.
FCA registered, Compliance Officer, MLRO and Risk Manager in various regulated environments.
Trusted to take control of operational and financial matters, leaving the owner/founders to focus on key strengths.
Supervising and managing the production of financial models for internal and external users.
Track Record Highlights
- As a law firm CFO, increased the firm's fee income by 35% in two years, thereby increasing profit per partner by 45%, increased gross profit from 33% to 37%, stabilised the firm's financial position, turning an overdraft of £6 million into a cash balance of £2 million, improved working capital management and reduced investment in clients from over 210 days to 150 days.
- At a Family Office, integrated and restructured investment management capacity to manage effectively across a number of pools of capital valued at approximately £2 billion, including tax planning, onshore/offshore considerations, related party issues, FSA compliance, whilst conserving the goodwill of staff.
- While CFO of a PE firm, managed the successful transition from being the in-house PE arm of a bank into an independent house, including provision and transfer of IT services, establishment of an autonomous compliance function, and provision of other office management functions previously provided by the bank.
- Responsible for establishment, management, and NYSE listing of a Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC) including management of all reporting aspects, including liaison with accountants, auditors, lawyers and other advisors.
- At a PE firm, supervised, managed and developed a team of nine finance professionals, tax manager, compliance officer and IT manager in London, and operations manager and IT manager in Los Angeles and member of Operations Committee with Founders, responsible for all non-investment activities of the firm.
- Banking & Financial Services: Private Equity
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Hospitality & Tourism: Restaurants and hotels
To find out how we can help you scale faster, increase cash, profit and valuation and build the business which enables you to fulfil your life's ambition, please book your 30 minute Discovery Call below...
What do you really want for your business and for you as an entrepreneur? Select the buttons that match your ambitions then...
Book your free Discovery call. Talk to a CFO and discover how to get what you really want from your business - and for you as an individual.