Amanda Brown In 60 Seconds
An energetic, dynamic & approachable FD with over 25 years of board experience including MD & Strategic director roles. I have a good commercial understanding and a broad range of industry experience to support entrepreneurial owned businesses in achieve their objectives.
I have a collaborative & supportive approach that builds trust, team development, structure, & engagement, which enables the business to implement key strategic initiatives with least resistance & optimal performance.
I have international experience, PE backed, fundraising, acquisitions, and disposals. I also have exposure in all aspects of business maturity from start up, fast growing to mature businesses and a good understanding of their differing dynamics and business requirements.
Worked with boards & business owners to develop, implement & manage suitable business strategies that achieve their business goals.
Business Planning, Forecasting & MI
Producing high level plans/budgets & financial models for internal & external stakeholders such as investors & banks. Implementing financial & operation systems. Developed relevant management information & KPI reporting for finance & operations to improve decision making. Implemented risk management models. Raising funds & negotiating debt restructure in excess of £20m.
CFO and Board member of Corporate, Entrepreneurial owned & PE backed businesses. Previous MD & Strategic board roles.
Experience with both a corporate business sale and a couple of entrepreneurial owned business sales & demerger. Managed Due diligence responses & involved with contractual negotiations.
Completed 9 acquisitions in both UK and international businesses. Undertook and managed the due diligence process & involved with contractual negotiations. Responsible for post-acquisition integration & restructures.
Track Record Highlights
- Implemented various systems from ERP, Financial, Operational systems.
- Working capital improvement and contract negotiation which improved cashflow in the region of £12m.
- Implemented various funding requirements & debt restructures of £20m plus.
- Restructured various companies for improved tax efficiencies both UK and internationally including implementation of transfer pricing.
- I have been responsible for strategic process implementation and setting clear objectives across business functions.
- Managed various acquisitions from Due diligence to contract negotiations along with business integration post acquisition and restructure.
- Experience of working with Corporate, Family owned, and equity backed businesses.
- Involved with the sale of an international group of companies from structuring the business in the preceding years through to contract negotiations whilst achieved a good multiple and successful sale.
- Initiated a start up business in Norway and negotiated a new financial regulation status with the Norwegian regulators. Also involved with a UK Tech start-up company.
- Change management – Have successfully led, motivated & adapted teams through periods of significant uncertainty & change.
- Process improvements - Implemented risk assessment across the business along with various process improvement that have led to improved efficiencies.
- Banking &Financial services
- Property & Real Estate
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
- Technology, Media, Telecoms
- Hospitality & Tourism
To find out how we can help you scale faster, increase cash, profit and valuation and build the business which enables you to fulfil your life's ambition, please book your 30 minute Discovery Call below...
What do you really want for your business and for you as an entrepreneur? Select the buttons that match your ambitions then...
Book your free Discovery call. Talk to a CFO and discover how to get what you really want from your business - and for you as an individual.