Steve Potocny In 60 Seconds...
A senior finance executive with a depth of experience and a unique combination of a Certified Accountant with Professional Engineering experience. Recognized for offering a strategic perspective continually identifying opportunities to add value to the business. Known for quickly grasping the fundamental business issue and devising creative solutions especially during times of change.
Budgeting & Forecasting
Cash flow Improvement
Systems and Controls
Track Record Highlights
- In conjunction with the COO and the Board of Directors, developed the company's strategic plan to deliver on the Club’s mission and vision.
- Implemented a new integrated enterprise management system that brought together several disparate systems, improving business processes and reducing the month-end close time by 3 business days.
- Delivery of improved internal controls across the organization including the development of rigorous financial policies and procedures.
- Established a new budgeting process, monitored business progress towards achieving financial targets and developed corrective actions to mitigate projected shortfalls exceeding 6% of annual spend.
- Led the enterprise risk management process for the operating areas that included completing the risk assessments and mitigation plans from both financial and operational perspectives.
- Championed a cross-functional project team that developed system and associated process improvements in support functions resulting in a 10% reduction in costs and cycle times.
- Determined capital funding allocations for key projects and priorities consistent with increased financial constraints; decreasing projects committed by 50% while still meeting business outcomes