Stephen Hutchinson In 60 Seconds...
Over 30 years of business experience, 26-years as CFO, CEO and COO, Stephen has accumulated a wealth of experience in developing, growing and managing change in organizations across 8 different industries.
Over $100-million in seed capital to IPO.
Having navigated a start-up, against the Goliaths of the telecommunications industry, through to regulatory approval, national signal launch with 20,000 subscribers. Exited with a record sale to a competitor.
CFO who acts like an owner whether he holds shares or not.
Understands the challenges of being CEO & COO having previously worn both hats.
Helping others reach their goals.
Available for to work as a virtual CFO or in your office as fractional CFO in Oakville, Burlington, Mississauga, Toronto, Ontario.
Budgeting & Forecasting
Ensure the budgeting system provides information for all users.
Have built great teams and maintained those relationships.
Identify, eliminate or mitigate risks is key to avoiding surprises.
Succession or exits should be planned not a consequence.
Raised over $100 Million during career from seed capital to commercial banking funds.
Track Record Highlights
- Grew EBITDA of international company 20% over 2-years and led exit of founder to competitor.
- Led high growth distribution co. through IPO, raising $25M equity financing
- As CEO, 2X profitability and valuation of childcare business over 2-years. And led one of largest exits of child care providers in Canada.
- Raised over $20 million pre-IPO funds, in the form of seed and convertible debt, to accelerate product production ahead of contracts.
- Worked with World Wildlife Fund Canada senior management on the 3-year strategic plan.
- Reorganized assets and structure post strategic acquisitions to eliminate under achieving business units to maximize profitability in 3 years. Further restructured debt financing to reduce interest costs.
- Helped founder realize vision of becoming the 1st real-estate B-Corp in North America and registered on the MaRS Social Venture exchange highlighting the ESG benefits to investing with these funds.
- Factored $3M SaaS contract with unsecured financing at rates not significantly higher than traditional bank financing.
- VOLUNTEERING: Scouts Canada, Toronto Metropolitan University, Church of Incarnation, CPA Canada.
- Banking & Financial-service: Fintech/Payments Saas
- Childcare Services
- Sport-recreation: Fitness/Health/Hosptality
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics: Distribution/Sales
- Charity & Not-For-Profit
- Property / Real-Estate: Condo Development
- Technology, Media & Telecoms : Satellite Television
Looking For Specific Industry Experience?
Tell us what you're looking for & in as little as 48-hours of contacting us, we'll arrange a meeting with a Fractional CFO from our team of 100+ who has the experience you need to help you achieve the numbers that really matter to you.
Let us save you (valuable) time searching. Contact us.