Sanjay Dhawan In 60 Seconds...
Sanjay brings a strong governance and risk based approach to building highly effective and innovative organizations. With results driven expertise, Sanjay thrives in changing environments that demand leadership, and a unique blend of finance, operations, and corporate finance skills with human resource development. Aligning values and goals to foster effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders for focused success.
Align companies' long-term vision and values by developing accountable and measurable strategies to achieve their goals. Develop execution plans closely tied to high-performance objectives. Provide executive and founder coaching with a focus on transitions such as change management, exits, and successions. Served as a board member of the Nature Conservancy of Canada, a not-for-profit organization with a balance sheet exceeding $1 billion.
Over 10 years of investment banking experience in M&A, fund-raising, IPO's, exit planning, restructuring, corporate finance advisory, strategic market positioning and shareholder value enhancement. Involved in well over $1B worth of transactions and assisted corporations and institutional investors with strategic mandates.
Work with executives and founders to integrate customer, market, and product-led strategies, aiming to fulfill their objectives and enhance shareholder value. Served as a member of the Ministry of Finance's Payments Canada Stakeholder Advisory Board, advising on contactless payments and other payment-related matters.
Lead multiple People & Culture teams to cultivate high-performance cultures by aligning corporate objectives, compensation plans, and remote work cultures.
Build enterprise data and software stacks at several companies with the aim of efficient data flow between sales & marketing, product & support platforms, HR and Finance.
Track Record Highlights
- Re-engineered a B2B SaaS software company by eliminating $5M of EBITDA burn and a $20M recapitalization of the balance sheet which included multiple instruments and new stakeholders.
- Led the Finance and FP&A teams of a scale up fintech that was multi-jurisdictional/entity/currency. Scaled the finance operations after a $40M plus equity round and a doubling of revenues. Was a key part of the transaction team that sold the company to Mastercard.
- As CFO and COO, rapidly scaled the Ontario crown corporation responsible for the legalized cannabis market to over a billion dollars in revenues.
- Led the finance and banking operations for a consumer focused mobile payments OSFI regulated money services platform that was a partnership between Bell, Rogers and Telus.
- President and CEO of a TSXV listed capital pool company that did an RTO with a debt placement in the healthcare services sector.
- Re-engineered the supply chain of a network performance management appliance company to outsource the server configuration, inventory, distribution and services to multiple vendors so the company could focus in its software, and gross margins improved from 67% to 82%.
- technology-media-telecoms: SaaS Software, Hardware, Fintech, Payments, Data Platforms
- retail-consumer-products: Supply chain, Cannabis, Mobile Payments
- services: Consulting, technology integrations (Software, Hardware, Networks) and support services
- banking-financial-services: Digital Banking and Payments (Credit card, mobile)
Looking For Something Specific?
Tell us what you're looking for & in as little as 48-hours of contacting us, we'll arrange a meeting with a Fractional CFO from our team of 100+ who has the experience you need to help you achieve the numbers that really matter to you.
Let us save you (valuable) time searching. Contact us.