Sandro Ragogna In 60 Seconds...
A seasoned finance executive with 20 years success in consumer goods, manufacturing, retail, pharma, and staffing. Sandro is a proactive leader in process improvement, strategic alliances, and team inspiration. With great experience in ERP implementation, planning tools, and team restructuring, he is also known for his data-driven decisions and versatile executive skills.
Multiple Ownership Structures
Leader of Finance and IT division for multiple organizations ranging from multi-nationals, independent owner and private equity backed organizations.
Development and implementation of detailed analysis and reporting by channel, customer, brand, location, and department to support business decisions.
Budgeting & Forecasting
Owner of budget and forecasts for multiple organizations of various sizes, including both short-term and long-term from detailed assumptions planning to Board level presentation. Led and participated in banking and group level presentations.
Cash flow Improvement
Implementation of cash flow reporting focusing on initiatives to deliver optimal cash position.
Successful leader of multiple finance and IT teams, delivering tier 1 support to our internal stakeholders and external partners; leading teams ranging in size from 4 to 40.
Track Record Highlights
- Effectively led multiple system changes including ERP transition, ERP upgrade, EDI transitions, system stabilization impacting business performance, planning tool implementations, POS system implementation.
- Led reduction of waste and destructions resulting in a 50% decline in destructions through in-depth analysis, cross-functional partnership, and root cause analysis over a 1 year period.
- Delivered SKU rationalization reduction of 7% resulting in improved inventory management, destructions savings and improved gross profit.
- Financial lead for a tier 1 consumer brand becoming the #1 brand in Canada. Finance lead for expansion of retail footprint from 4 stores to 55 stores in Canada, delivering double digit comp store growth and double-digit profitability.
- Delivered multiple price increase implementations in a challenging retail environment engaging directly with retailers providing support to Sales team.
- Responsible for currency management of more than 150m for multiple currencies in years of a deteriorating Canadian currency. Successfully collected on millions of outstanding receivables after a challenging client implementation in 4 months from involvement.
- Implemented multiple processes at multiple organizations including detailed gross profit analysis, in-depth portfolio reviews in a cross-functional manner, rolling forecasts, retail P&L development, customer P&L’s, brand P&L’s, and master data functions, resulting in improved gross profit improvements of 1% despite significant headwinds for input costs while doubling revenue in a 4-year period.
- Strong leader for both finance and IT resulting in above average company results on external employee engagement scores.
- Led the successful integration of a 30m brand into Canadian operations.
- Areas of responsibility have included banking relationships, legal, contract management, payroll, lease management including offices and warehouses.
- Successfully led the reversal of opinion from a tax assessment resulting in the avoidance of 1.0m in penalties and significant ramifications to tax treatment setup in 3 month period.
- Manufacturing: Hard goods, import and export
- Retail: Consumer products
- Healthcare: Pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods
- Staffing: Permanent recruitment, temporary staffing and payrolling
- Wholesale: Consumer products Wholesale Distribution: Food, Hard goods
Looking For Something Specific?
Tell us what you're looking for & in as little as 48-hours of contacting us, we'll arrange a meeting with a Fractional CFO from our team of 100+ who has the experience you need to help you achieve the numbers that really matter to you.
Let us save you (valuable) time searching. Contact us.