Richard Halka In 60 Seconds...
Experienced international CFO, focused on driving value through profitable growth, control of costs and restructuring of the balance sheet to deliver superior financial performance.
A former KPMG Management Consulting and Corporate Finance Partner who moved to the corporate world to apply skills hands on in growing businesses and improving financial performance.
He has personally led public offerings, restructuring of debt and acquisitions/divestures in Canada, the US and European markets for a combined value in excess of $2 billion.
Cash flow Improvement
Identify opportunities for margin improvement & cost reductions
Focus on operational efficiencies and overhead control
Identify opportunities for synergistic growth
Focus on reducing cost of debt and prudent use of equity
Source and secure debt & equity financing as well as Government assistance
Track Record Highlights
- Filed USD $100 million base shelf prospectus for this TSX listed clean tech manufacturing company, led listing on US OTC and filing for NASDAQ listing
- Refinanced US$100 million credit facility reducing carrying costs by over 60%, led financial turnaround from a net loss & negative EBITDA to first substantial profits & strongly positive EBITDA in preparation for US NASDAQ listing for this satellite telecom operator
- Led US$92 million & CDN $340 million public equity issue, led integration of 4 international acquisitions worth US$350 million, led turnaround by increasing revenue by 37%, increasing EBITDA by 41% resulting in a swing from a net loss of US$23 million to a profit of US$38 million for TSX listed telecom company
- Led US$300 million capex investment for NYSE-AMEX listed telecom company resulting in 704% increase customers, 875% increase in revenue and a swing from negative positive EBITDA
- As the Partner in Charge of a full-service Management Consulting and Corporate Finance practice led services including, information technology, strategic services, financial management and mergers and acquisitions. Also responsible for selection and implementation of practice management system and financial management including introduction of systems for financial reporting, budgeting and cash control.
- Led private placement of equity, debt repurchase program, foreign currency hedging strategy for 150 million Deutsche Mark denominated public debt for US NASDAQ listed company.
- Manufacturing, transport & logistics: Clean Technology
- Technology Media, Telecom, Processing
- Property / Real-estate: Acquisition, Management & Sale
- Services: Management Consulting
Looking For Something Specific?
Tell us what you're looking for & in as little as 48-hours of contacting us, we'll arrange a meeting with a Fractional CFO from our team of 100+ who has the experience you need to help you achieve the numbers that really matter to you.
Let us save you (valuable) time searching. Contact us.