Nick Dowd In 60 Seconds...
Over 30 years of experience working with international businesses in North America and Europe. I have hands-on financial management expertise working for public, private equity, and owner/managed companies. Expertise in M&A, profit turnaround, corporate restructuring, and public company reporting. A collaborative leadership style and an ability to implement effective solutions to business issues.
Led multiple acquisition and divestiture transactions
Business process outsourcing, contract manufacturing and offshoring back-offices
Establishing trusted relationships and negotiating improved credit facilities
Experienced in identify profit levers, setting targets and tracking performance
Foreign exchange risk management, cash management, bank reporting
Track Record Highlights
- Executed a profit improvement plan that reduced headcount costs in operations and support services, resulting in a $500k turnaround in monthly profitability in a four-month period.
- Developed a dynamic product costing system, allowing for monthly updates of costs and detailed reporting of product profitability.
- Worked on multiple credit facility negotiations, including waivers to covenant breaches, increased facility sizes, reduced borrowing costs and less onerous covenant requirements
- Achieved reductions in US capital tax appraised values, resulting in annual savings of $100k. Successfully managed Canadian and US government tax audits.
- Played key roles in over a dozen acquisitions and divestitures ranging in size from $2 million to $400 million, including business valuations, due diligence, contract negotiation and integration.
- Gained access to multi million dollars in COVID relief programs in Canada and the US. Successfully applied for $250k in funding from a Quebec provincial government employee training program.
- Built strong finance teams by identifying, mentoring and promoting talented staff and hiring strong independent managers.
- manufacturing-transport-logistics: Pharmaceutical dosage form, building products, resin compounding, packaging
- services: Call centres, debt collection, pharmaceutical dosage development
- construction: Precast concrete, vinyl windows & doors, brick, metal buildings, drainage
Looking For Something Specific?
Tell us what you're looking for & in as little as 48-hours of contacting us, we'll arrange a meeting with a Fractional CFO from our team of 100+ who has the experience you need to help you achieve the numbers that really matter to you.
Let us save you (valuable) time searching. Contact us.