Mark Dembicky In 60 Seconds...
I am a CPA, CA with over 30 years’ experience as a hands-on senior financial professional. I have extensive finance, treasury, franchising and administrative capabilities across several industries including hospitality, food and beverage, professional consulting and aerospace manufacturing. My experience with rapid growth businesses ranges from large scale public corporations to partnerships to owner-operated companies.
With proven abilities to improve operational efficiencies and maximize cash flow, I am a results-oriented collaborative leader and coach who can effectively build teams and implement positive solutions. A trusted partner to business owners to help them realize growth, profitability, and their strategic goals.
Complete responsibility for franchise administration and have assisted dozens of franchisees to improve revenue and profitability and re-negotiate property leases
Established trusted relationships and negotiated improved credit facilities with multiple banks, lenders and government bodies
Mergers and Acquisitions
Led numerous transactions to realize deal synergies, both on buy side and sell side
Assisted several senior teams to develop long term plans, establish strategies and achieve growth milestones
Budgeting and Forecasting
Developed FP&A systems to track key results, mitigate shortfalls and support growth for several businesses
Track Record Highlights
- Restructured several Finance and IT departments’ processes and implemented financial controls and procedures to produce timely, reliable, and accurate management information and KPI trends and to identify profitable growth to meet strategic long-term goals.
- Developed and executed a profit improvement strategy in six months to restructure operations and support services by reducing headcount and costs and by removing underperforming units that eliminated over $3M in losses and improved cash flow by $5M annually.
- Conducted multiple credit facility negotiations of up to $200M with various lenders in Canada, US and Germany for increased facility sizes, while reducing borrowing costs and covenant requirements.
- Led the implementation of several new integrated enterprise reporting systems to improve operating efficiencies, drive key economics of the businesses and reduce month-end close time by several days.
- Significant involvement in over 35 acquisitions and divestitures up to $50 million, including business valuations, due diligence process, agreement negotiation and emphasis on integration of the acquired businesses.
- Instrumental formulating and executing long term operational and strategic plans and in the launch of several new restaurant brands.
- Food and Beverage
- Professional Consulting
- Aerospace Manufacturing