Lynn Walker In 60 Seconds...
A passionate and accomplished CFO, Lynn has over 12 years’ experience as a finance professional in a wide variety of industries and businesses. As a strategic business advisor, Lynn enjoys working with companies to improve their cash-flow and build short and long-term budgets to help ambitious entrepreneurs achieve their goals.
Lynn is most proud of successfully building ERP systems integrity resulting in accurate and believable financial reporting and negotiating to have a multi-million-dollar infrastructure claim incident covered by insurance.
Lynn’s volunteer experience includes Trustee with Strathcona Library Board, Alberta Capital Finance Authority, Parent Empowering Parents (PEP) Society.
Lynn Walker is a fractional CFO in Calgary and provides CFO services in Edmonton, Red Deer Alberta and remotely.
Working Capital Management
Forecasting and managing cash and bank negotiations enhancing working capital efficiency to better meet business goals
Partner in Strategy and Planning
Development of financial picture to align with achievement of strategic goals
Budgeting & Forecasting
Creating the process. setting targets and monitoring to compliment achievement of business goals and enhance decision making
Enhance/validate system integrity resulting in confidence for transaction, costing, reporting and dashboards
Design and development of reporting models to support decision making
Track Record Highlights
- 50% reduction in accounts receivable >60 days overdue in 6-months.
- Renegotiated vendor payment terms to balance >$1M cash outflow with cash inflow.
- Negotiated 50% reduction on liquidity covenant to reduce risk of loan being called.
- Managed (indirect) tax audits with successful negotiations reducing penalties and interest 20%.
- Stepped in to clean and professionalize the accounting function of mid-sized companies.
- External reporting models resulting in 10% reduction in audit fees.
- 25% increase in revenue recognition on USD projects by working with developer to redesign ERP function for automated revenue/cost recognition.
- Reduced liability exposure and WCB premiums by 10% with mandatory subcontractor agreements.
- Technology and software platforms (MRR)
- Government: Municipal
- Not for profit
- Management Consulting