John Williams In 60 Seconds...
As a strategic thinker with 30-years business experience in Vancouver, 11-years as a CFO and 13-years as CEO growing a medium-sized company, with financial acumen that ensures a company’s financial health, including a plan that augments and supports overall corporate strategy and prioritizes stakeholders’ needs. A strategist who is most proud of repositioning from low price point branding to a premium price point, technology centric brand, and expanding sales into 30 companies.
As a senior executive with a proven track record of achieving financial results with key business drivers and enablers including strategy, finance, consumer product management, marketing, business development, channel management, distribution and operations, John is always passionate, curious as a consciousness champion who excels under pressure while leading and developing high-performance.
Implemented FX hedging strategy that improved margins by 10%.
Analysis by product, by channel, by geographic market
Track Record Highlights
- As President, company grew $60m to $200m in 12-years.
- Developed a business plan for European expansion, and scaled Euro business 5x over 3-years.
- US sales grew $2M to $25M, and expanded into 30 countries, growing global sales $2M to $45M.
- Increased margin and turns 10% on 20,000 SKUs in multiple warehouses, over 3-years.
- Raised gross margin return-on-inventory by 15-20% over 3-years.
- Reviewed capital allocation to ensure optimization of capital, and return on capital results in the top 25 percentile for comparable companies.
- Retail Sporting Goods
- Distribution Acquired/curated canadian distribution rights to 3rd party brands for sales into various retail channels
- Brand Management From inception to end of life product/brand management for sporting goods sector
- Property Management Commercials & Industrial
- Mining Precious metal refinery
- Staffing Temporary staffing agency for government and commercial sectors
- Contract Manufacturing
Looking For Something Specific?
Tell us what you're looking for & in as little as 48-hours of contacting us, we'll arrange a meeting with a Fractional CFO from our team of 100+ who has the experience you need to help you achieve the numbers that really matter to you.
Let us save you (valuable) time searching. Contact us.