Don Harkness In 60 Seconds...
Don is a senior finance executive with +25 years of CFO experience working with small and medium sized enterprises (SME) across a range of industries.
Don graduated from the Ivey Business School at Western University before completing his chartered accountant designation. While Don did spend a few years early in his career working for a large multi-national organization, he quickly focused his career on the SME market where he has worked with entrepreneurs, family-owned, private equity backed and small cap public companies.
Don’s work experience spans a number of economic cycles which has provided him the opportunity to help companies scale during times of high growth and to restructure during times of economic hardship.
Don has participated in a number of equity and debt financing transactions as well as over 10 acquisitions. He has also been on the selling side of M&A transactions. Because of his focus on SMEs, Don has had to take on a number of strategic and operational responsibilities as part of his CFO role over his career such as managing IT (including ERP implementations), HR, fleet, distribution and legal.
Identification and management of key revenue and cost drivers
Systems and Controls
Former Director of IT; Process improvement and ERP implementations
Budgeting & Forecasting
Built and implemented financial models to support financing and planning
Acquired over 10 companies and divested 2
Improved financial literacy of leadership team
Track Record Highlights
- Lead company-wide ERP implementation project of fully integrated back office enterprise management solution
- Experience with raising equity and convertible debt from friends and family, angel investors, family office and private equity firms
- Acquired and integrated numerous businesses
- Experience with raising and renegotiating debt financing
- Took SaaS start-up med-tech company public through a reverse takeover of a TSXV listed capital pool corporation
- technology-media & telecoms: SaaS, packaged software, training & support
- healthcare: medical rehabilitation products, manufacturing & distribution
- healthcare: professional services
- services: custom software development
Looking For Something Specific?
Tell us what you're looking for & in as little as 48-hours of contacting us, we'll arrange a meeting with a Fractional CFO from our team of 100+ who has the experience you need to help you achieve the numbers that really matter to you.
Let us save you (valuable) time searching. Contact us.