Colin Brown In 60 Seconds...
A chartered accountant with 10-years experience in CFO roles, with a proven track record of success. Passionate about utilizing the wisdom he’s acquired in 30-years of business working with major brands in British Columbia, mentoring founders and leading their teams through turnarounds and growth phases.
Worked with owners and executive teams to develop strategic plans to improve growth and profitability. Including: improving revenues by 80% over 4 years; reducing expenses by 20% and improving margins by 30%
Helped 3 companies recover from covenant breaches and get out of special credit with their bank.
New Banking Relationships
Developed new banking relationships that better suited needs for growth
Creating budgets from scratch and improving existing budgets to better measure the company and take advantage of opportunities
Building and developing finance teams through mentoring, coaching and measuring
Track Record Highlights
- Grew top line revenue 80% in 4-years through improved access to cash in order to finance inventory required for growth.
- 2x EBITDA (company value) in 3-years by analyzing and finding opportunities in all components, including shutting down an unprofitable segment of a business that was a distraction from optimizing the profitable segment.
- Improved gross margins 30% in 4-years through margin analysis that showed which products to concentrate on and which ones needed to be discontinued. This also showed where price adjustments were required to maximise the value proposition.
- Worked with owners and executive teams to develop strategic plans to improve growth and profitability. Including: improving revenues by 80% over 4 years; reducing expenses by 20% and improving margins by 30%
- Helped 3 companies get out of special credit with their bank by improving cash flow through increased margins, expense management and working capital improvements.
- Finance SaaS Credit Union
Looking For Something Specific?
Tell us what you're looking for & in as little as 48-hours of contacting us, we'll arrange a meeting with a Fractional CFO from our team of 100+ who has the experience you need to help you achieve the numbers that really matter to you.
Let us save you (valuable) time searching. Contact us.