Christina Bianco In 60 Seconds...
With over 25 years of professional accounting experience, my passion is to help organizations achieve their most ambitious goals. The diversity of my experience has afforded me the vantage point of supporting both large, multi-national companies and smaller, fast growing local operations as well as private versus public company and family offices structures. My roles have led to, not only overseeing efficient finance teams with robust business process controls, but also to assist in turning around distressed operations, facilitate strategic M&A and divestiture activities and moderate strategic business plan for future success. My board work has also given me a keen appreciation to governance in organizations as I chair the audit committee for a TSXV listing company. I am also keen to volunteer my time to the board and finance committee for a not for profit independent school in addition to mentoring founders as they embark on their exciting start-up ventures.
Acquired software company, horse racetracks, divested TV network, casino JVs
Successfully turned around a multi-jurisdictional business from loss to profit
Cash flow Improvement
Instituted cashflow forecasting across 7 divisions where none existed before
Moderated 3 offsite strategic planning sessions as CFO
Led hundreds of analysts in multi global centre of excellence locations
Track Record Highlights
- A turn around success story where previously reporting losses turned into over $60M in EBITDA resulting from strategies of M&A, cost cuts and revenue growth over a 3-5 year period.
- A $10M cost reduction strategy was implemented whereby non-labour costs by third party vendors were analyzed and negotiated for higher volume at lower costs to improve gross margin.
- Achieved the prestigious recognition of "Best People Leadership" awarded to finance executive leaders who obtained the highest level of feedback from staff members on their coaching skills.
- During my volunteer board work/chair of the finance committee of a NFP independent private school, I was key to successfully advancing a significant capital project school expansion campaign ($30+M).
- Provided financial leadership to various start up companies in their ambition to launch their businesses in exciting new areas of technology securing interest by both private and public funding/investors.
- hospitality & tourism: Horse racing & events
- sport-recreation: esports & venues
- sport-recreation: Online wagering
- technology, media & telecoms: Software hardware
- not-for-profit: Independent school
- banking & financial-services: Fintech startups
- Professional services
Looking For Specific Industry Experience?
Tell us what you're looking for & in as little as 48-hours of contacting us, we'll arrange a meeting with a Fractional CFO from our team of 100+ who has the experience you need to help you achieve the numbers that really matter to you.
Let us save you (valuable) time searching. Contact us.