Neil Barling In 60 Seconds
Neil Barling is a seasoned CFO with more than 15 years of experience in senior financial positions spanning Sales & Distribution, Finance, and Manufacturing sectors. Possessing a degree in Business & Logistics and holding CPA qualification, Neil brings a wealth of expertise to the table. His core strengths lie in proficient staff management, inspirational leadership, effective mentoring, adept data integration and transformation, meticulous planning & analysis, astute governance and risk management, and the consistent delivery of comprehensive financial data to underpin sound management decisions.
Budgeting & Forecasting
Develop detailed budget & forecast plans which are integrated with ongoing management reviews.
Convert data into relevant information for informed decision making.
Cash flow Improvement
Pricing structures, management of credit terms and improve management focus on cash.
Goal setting, strategic plans to achieve goals with regular review
Capital expenditure proposals and plans
Track Record Highlights
- Developed and implemented an automated monthly sales target and bonus calculation system for a workforce in excess of 500 staff.
- Achieved profits within 2 years from an operating loss for a $100M+ turnover sales & distribution company.
- Developed the annual budgeting and statutory reporting to automate the processes and enhance management visibility and reduce manual preparation.
- Rationalised and consolidated dispersed finance functions resulting in a 30% finance cost saving for the company
- Received an ANZ Bank Recognised & Valued Employee (RAVE) award for developing a new productivity reporting system which delivered process and financial benefits for the department.
- Transitioned the integration of a Joint Venture merger with the ANZ Bank.
- As the commercial lead negotiated a major contract worth in excess of $15M over 4 years for G&D.
- Banking & Financial Services: Building automated Trade transactions
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics: Large infrastructure projects across energy, medical and transport
- Technology, Media & Telecoms: Microchip technology for financial, telecommunications & transport industries
- Services: Automotive, Metal Trade, Mining & Construction