Andrew Chater In 60 Seconds
Andrew Chater is a performance driven CFO with over 30 years’ experience developing businesses and high performing multi-disciplinary teams for privately owned and listed growth companies in the construction, building materials, support services, technology and telecoms sectors. Andrew is a hands on team player who thrives on helping entrepreneurial businesses achieve their goals.
Led a business turnaround with $3m of overhead savings and pushing through 10% price increases.
Cash flow Improvement
Strong focus on maximising cash generation by establishing robust cash forecasting processes and effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
A collaborative approach ensuring I build good working relationships with all areas of a business to ensure development of effective management information to drive business growth.
Provision of commercial support, ensuring the cost base and contractual risks are clearly understood when pricing the margin.
Positioning and structuring businesses to maximise profitability, cash flow and investor returns.
Track Record Highlights
- Significant experience of start-ups, PE backed and owner managed businesses. CFO for two successful PE exits
- Finance Director from acquisition to exit - Revenue increased by 150% to $90m and EBITDA by 300% to $8.5m EBITDA. Waste services business sold for $41m.
- Led a business turnaround with $3m of overhead savings and 10% price increases - revenue increased by $26m to $126m and profitability went from breakeven to $13m EBITDA
- Recruited to stabilised the finance function and cash flow of a business that had been subject to fraud, enabling revenue to increase by 67% to $90m and EBITDA by 430% to $7m EBITDA. Achieved target of selling business for $40m
- Successful implementation of several ERP systems, often coming into the process part way through implementation
- Considerable experience of capital-intensive businesses, including successfully managing the capex forecasting process, raising the funding and monitoring the spend against budget.
- Implementation of an international Group wide supply chain and tax planning structure, streamlining operations and saving $2m in corporate tax in first two years