Mike Barnes In 60 Seconds
A forward-looking CFO with 20+ years’ experience collaborating with stakeholders & entrepreneurs to deliver scalable, profitable growth. I use the knowledge I acquired in large blue-chip companies like Microsoft & Amazon where I managed complex businesses at regional and global levels to enable businesses of all sizes reach their potential.
20+ yrs. enabling businesses to scale profitably.
Forward looking CFO that places emphasis on planning for success.
A transformational leader continually looking for opportunities to improve.
Executive coach (mbit) who enables teams to reach their potential.
I help business design, operationalise and deliver their long term objectives.
Track Record Highlights
- Moved finance operations for 100+ countries to a centralised model and transformed and modernised the lead to order process using modern tools such as RPA.
- Reduced the operating costs for a large blue-chip by 30%.
- Developed the strategy, north stars, KPI/OKRs and all other budgets & finance plans for Microsoft operations.
- I have built numerous functions/businesses from the ground up. I focus relentlessly on the development of people as I believe that, in every instance, a cohesive team will develop a better solution.
- Recently increased cash position of an SME by 220% and added 6% to their bottom line (in perpetuity) by introducing controls ensuring revenue was recorded and reported correctly.
- technology-media-telecoms, Cloud Computing, Services, Supply Chain, operations finance, BPO.
- retail-consumer-products, Online retail and fulfilment.
- services, Professional services, support services, customer support, consultancy services
- manufacturing-transport-logistics, Computer hardware, furniture, FMCG (food), conveyors, electrical components
- hospitality-tourism, Hotel group
- human-resources-recruitment, Recruitment consultancy, labour hire