John Devlin In 60 Seconds
I am a highly experienced and commercially oriented CFO, with deep experience driving strategic added value to any business model. Strong experience in Operations and Finance across Retail, eCommerce, Logistics and Warehousing, Call Centres and TV production, in both domestic and multinational businesses. Strong background in harnessing technology to unlock value to help drive growth. I am motivated to use my knowledge and capabilities to help businesses grow and fulfil their long-term objectives.
Financial Planning and Analysis
Experienced in planning, forecasting tied to value creating strategic, commercial and operational insights.
Partnering with the business or budget owners to challenge existing processes, structure and contracts.
From margin management and bad debt to contract negotiations, my approach to this topic is on a continuous improvement principle.
Restructuring / Change Management
Redesign and move functions (domestic and global).
IT Systems Implementations
Significant experience with system implementations and system architectures in complex environments.
Track Record Highlights
- Implemented new pricing strategy, successfully generating an additional £7m of margin with no adverse effect on volumes.
- Switched off Affiliate marketing spend in eCommerce space, saving £1m in marketing spend, while increasing customer purchase frequency, through use of structured data analytics.
- Improved EBITDA yield from 16% to 20%+ through several contract negotiations, product & pricing strategies, cash flow initiatives and tight cost control.
- Successfully evaluated three business models ensuring least cost/investment, best growth potential to guarantee future profitability.
- Led the UK segment of a global team implementing full functional restructure for Finance, Marketing, Legal and Operations for a $10bn Nasdaq eCommerce retailer.
- Retail, eCommerce
- Warehousing, Call Centre
- IT & Data Security
- Media production and distribution
- Satellite distribution
- Data & Data Analytics