Vivek Jain In 60 Seconds...
An entrepreneurial CFO and Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA) with 23 years of experience Vivek co-founded 2 technology start-ups and raised in excess of $80 million at various stages of funding, from seed rounds to Series A. Both of these start-ups have received significant media attention across North America, which has led to his entrepreneurial pursuits being featured in People Magazine, Dragons Den (x2), ESPN, Forbes, USA Today, Sports Illustrated, CBC News, Washington Post and more.
Vivek’s past roles have been varied and include the position of CFO for an established retail business with $50 million in sales, owning his own consulting firm providing CEO/CFO for hire, raising capital services and working for an international venture capital company backed by numerous Goldman Sachs partners, that is publicly listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange.
Raised in excess of $80 million
Optimizing Processes Using Technology Automation
Investment analysis, due diligence, closings and management of operations of acquisitions.
Strategic Outside of the Box Thinking
Investment / Business Opportunity Analysis
Track Record Highlights
- Led all activities including IT development, marketing and fund raising. Received $11.3 million in funding commitments, including $3.7 million from parent company of eHarmony.
- Oversight of Finance Department of 5 staff. Restructured the finance department to operate more efficiently.
- Raised $15 million in unsecured debt and 2 follow-on debt tranche’s. Closed 3 acquisitions of businesses allowing entry into new markets.
- Managed the operations for acquired books of business underwritten by Sun Life Financial and AIG
- Involved in fund raising activities which raised $40.9 million from initial seed round to Series A financing
- Work on due diligence teams for potential acquisitions as large as $5.0 billion in assets.
- Lead efforts to secure promotion from GQ Magazine, Forbes and Dragon’s Den. Launched national marketing campaigns with brands like iHeart Media, Virgin Radio and the Toronto Raptors.
- Technology: Software/SaaS, Telecom, FinTech, Ecommerce, Blockchain/Crypto, Media, Entertainment, Advertising BioTech
- Real Estate
- Food & Beverage
- Oil & Gas
- Agriculture: Cannabis
Looking For Something Specific?
Tell us what you're looking for & in as little as 48-hours of contacting us, we'll arrange a meeting with a Fractional CFO from our team of 100+ who has the experience you need to help you achieve the numbers that really matter to you.
Let us save you (valuable) time searching. Contact us.