Tara O’Leary In 60 Seconds
Results-oriented finance professional and tax adviser with 20 years experience in industry and practice. I am passionate about continuous improvement with a sustainable approach. I build resilience through cash flow and profit improvement enabling you to seize opportunities and achieve your goals. A strategic thinker with a successful track record of scaling owner managed businesses.
Chartered Tax Adviser with the knowledge to evaluate tax opportunities and risks.
I analyse the key data and develop the reports that align with your strategy.
I consistently improve cash flow and profit giving you the confidence to focus on other areas of the business.
I build and develop quality finance teams to ensure key metrics are met.
Systems and Controls
Experienced in implementing and upgrading systems, processes and controls.
Track Record Highlights
- Scaled an indigenous technology group. Group CFO for head office and 4 foreign subsidiaries. Key contributor in Group’s growth. Publicly quoted early 2023 as valued at €200m.
- Successfully managed digitalisation and finance function transformation projects. A recent project for an e-learning client enabled them to acquire a well-established competitor at the start of 2023.
- Identified a strategic need for a mainland European presence and set up a German subsidiary in 2015. German sales increased by 76% in that year. Key contributor in negotiating a 7 figure design fee with a European automotive supplier.
- Secured bank finance and grant funding, including a substantial EU grant from ESA for a large R&D project. Introduced reporting and procedures to claim the R&D tax credit resulting in an effective tax saving of 37.5%.
- Built and developed high performing teams including developing a HR and Training function for ISO9001. Solved skills shortage problems through strategic partnerships resulting in longer term talent pipelines.
- Created a sustainability charter for a manufacturing company. Obtained grant funding and implemented a Solar PV system generating 180k kWh power in 1 year resulting in significant cost savings.
- technology-media-telecoms, Hardware, IoT
- manufacturing-transport-logistics, Packaging
- services, E-Learning