Jim Conybeare In 60 Seconds
I am a highly experienced, commercial, results focused CFO who has worked in large corporates, both in UK and internationally including 11 years living in Asia Pacific. My focus has been on business transformation through start-ups, acquisitions, and growing and scaling up small businesses. My experience in MNCs means that I can apply best practice in smaller companies to ensure that they have robust systems, controls and processes, together with identifying key business drivers I deliver increased value to the business.
Highly experienced in managing finance teams in order to provide accurate and timely financial reporting, best practice financial controls and process environment, and drive efficiencies.
Managed multiple end to end acquisitions in UK and Internationally including valuation, due diligence, share purchase agreement negotiation, integration; exit planning including IM preparation and share purchase agreement negotiation.
Partnered numerous management teams to gain a full understanding of the business and its’ drivers, and implement KPIs in order to focus on key areas to improve business performance and cash flows.
Produced 5 year strategic plans, budgets and forecast plans and preparation to deliver clear targets to monitor and course correct the business.
Built and led finance teams to support growth and success, and communicated financial concepts and strategies to non-financial people.
Track Record Highlights
- Built financial model and investor decks for alternative energy start up in order to raise up to £10m equity funding.
- Prepared 5 year business plan for global education business seeking multi-million product investment and funding for expansion.
- Led 10 acquisitions over 8 years to deliver diversification and growth strategy, including funding through asset disposal.
- Prepared £8m turnover consulting business for sale, including implementing new forecasting model and de-coupling systems from parent company.
- Finance organisation transformations, including restructuring, moving to insourced shared services function, upskilling finance teams resulting in improved controls, processes and business insights.
- Technology, Media & Telecoms: Advertising/PR/Marketing/Events, Publishing/Information
- Property & Real Estate
- Services: Education, including elearning and training providers
To find out how we can help you scale faster, increase cash, profit and valuation and build the business which enables you to fulfil your life's ambition, please book your 30 minute Discovery Call below...
What do you really want for your business and for you as an entrepreneur? Select the buttons that match your ambitions then...
Book your free Discovery call. Talk to a CFO and discover how to get what you really want from your business - and for you as an individual.