David Burton In 60 Seconds
Permanently resident on planet cash, I’m a finance leader who helps organisations in any sector to achieve business success as they define it. An IfT accredited Transformation practitioner, my SAS approach to change:
Simplifies: Eliminate waste by designing uncluttered business processes.
Automates: Use technology for collaboration or automation.
Standardises: Embed change that sticks.
Cash flow improvement
The first thing to discover in any new assignment: Where does this business make and spend its cash? Primary focus is ensuring positive working capital cycles.
Budgeting and Forecasting
The second thing to discover: Which business units are tasked with achieving what outcomes? Do these objectives compete or complement?
How favourably do your suppliers view you? Have you secured the right relationships with these organisations? What is the cost of managing this portfolio?
Systems and Controls
Do you say what you do, and do what you say? The core of a financial control library is fitness for purpose within the wider corporate governance framework.
How effective (i.e. does it deliver the required results) and efficient (i.e. at what cost) does your finance team deliver its objectives?
Track Record Highlights
- eEnergy (AIM listed): Transformed 14 instances of Xero to one of Oracle NetSuite.
- XP Power (FTSE 250): Integrated two German acquisitions into the group structure.
- Brighter Futures for Children (Public Sector): Helped establish financial protocols in a newly carved out part of Reading BC.
- Geraud Markets (PE): Completed a group restructure to restore normal group operations after a long-running fraud.
- Armit Wines (PE): Restored working capital balance to a rare & fine wine distributor after a system crash.
- Banking & Financial Services: Retail banking, vehicle leasing, asset management
- Technology, Media & Telecoms: IT services, SaaS, Managed networks, FinTech
- Mining Resources & Energy: Renewable energy, Solar, EV
- Services: Professional services, restructuring, change delivery
To find out how we can help you scale faster, increase cash, profit and valuation and build the business which enables you to fulfil your life's ambition, please book your 30 minute Discovery Call below...
What do you really want for your business and for you as an entrepreneur? Select the buttons that match your ambitions then...
Book your free Discovery call. Talk to a CFO and discover how to get what you really want from your business - and for you as an individual.