Tony Baena In 60 Seconds...
Tony brings over 20 years of C-suite experience as a CEO, COO and CFO in the airline, education, and seniors housing and care sectors. Tony has a track record of helping organizations develop their strategic plans, improve their results and realize their goals. Tony also has Board leadership experience as Chair, Vice-Chair and Chair, Audit & Finance Committee for several not-for-profit organizations.
Completed the purchase of two development properties and the sale of a non-core property and worked with Director of Finance and KPMG Tax Advisors to minimize tax implication.
Budgeting & Forecasting
Led property portfolio leadership teams in developing annual budgets and reviewing monthly financial results and variance analysis and implementing corrective actions.
Worked with VP, Finance & Administration, Treasurer and bond underwriters to issue a fully-subscribed $150 million, 40-year bond.
Led a team that implemented PeopleSoft, including training and change management, as a payroll, benefits and pension administration system for a company with 22,000 employees
With Board Chair, President, and CFO developed the company’s 5-year strategic plan based on the company doubling in size (residences, revenue, customers, and employees).
Track Record Highlights
- Prepared pro-forma cashflow statements for land purchases, development & construction costs, and 5-year post-opening operations.
- Conducted merger and acquisition financial and operational due diligence on purchases of potential competitor properties.
- Worked with Director of Finance and leadership team to prepare annual sales, operating and capital plans and associated KPI’s.
- Reviewed monthly operating financial and KPI results and variance explanations with property and department leaders and discussed actions to address negative variances.
- Dealt with mortgage broker and banks to arrange construction financing, take-out mortgage financing and renewals.
- Worked with Ownership and executive team to identify, evaluate and analyze potential acquisitions as well as find and implement opportunities for synergies and cost savings to boost NOI of the merged entities without compromising customer experience and satisfaction.
- Reviewed and analyzed financial and operational implications of changes to offered services, new services, and various pricing and revenue options.
- healthcare: Seniors housing and care
- property-real-estate: Property acquisition and divestiture
- construction: Financing (construction and take-out)
- not-for-profit Governance and Audit & Finance Committee experience
Looking For Something Specific?
Tell us what you're looking for & in as little as 48-hours of contacting us, we'll arrange a meeting with a Fractional CFO from our team of 100+ who has the experience you need to help you achieve the numbers that really matter to you.
Let us save you (valuable) time searching. Contact us.