Stephen Smyth In 60 Seconds...
Senior finance executive with over 20 years of experience in audit, finance and operations management. Demonstrated ability to streamline business operations that drives growth and profitability. Strong background in implementing financial controls and processes and have successfully led several global change management initiatives which made key impacts on both revenue and business practices.
Budgeting & Forecasting
Budgeting and forecasting model expertise
Board level and operational level strategy experience
Always keen to find outsourcing solutions to improve profitably and performance
Management decision making requires key, relevant, and timely info/KPIs
Successfully lead numerous global teams with a positive 'can-do' attitude
Track Record Highlights
- Back-office build-out. Reviewed and ultimately replaced an entire back-office platform for financial and compliance reporting, reducing the global monthly reporting lag from six to three days.
- Global expansion. Performed financial, legal and compliance due diligence and successfully led expansions into Europe and Asia.
- Outsourcing functions. Led several initiatives to outsource IT/Finance/Compliance. The move to an outsource model resulted in significant cost savings and a better allocation of internal resources.
- Spin-outs. Restructured entities within a global org chart to prepare for the spin out from one public parent company to another. Worked extensively on the sale of a minority interest.
- Restructuring/HR. Extensive experience in global restructuring, ranging from complete withdrawals from certain countries to the design and negotiation of management buyout structures in others
- Successfully led a number of global company rebranding processes.
- Qualified IIROC CFO and CCO
- banking & financial-services
- property & real-estate
- human-resources & recruitment
- transport & logistics