Mark Herron In 60 Seconds...
For the first 20 years of my career, I started and built a large and successful practice earning partnership in an international CPA, CA firm. For the next 20 years, as a senior corporate executive officer (COO/CFO), I have worked with boards of directors and c-suite executives to conceive & lead the transformation of a range of public, private & entrepreneurial initiatives (including non-profit).
Corporate Governance Specialist
Strategic Planning Expertise
IPO/RTO (prospectus) listing/funding. Private placement funding.
IFRS, MD&A & AIF C-SOX reporting. ASPE/ASNPO reporting.
CPA tax partner
Track Record Highlights
- Envisioned new business model for survival & growth during legislated upheaval.
- Conceived new board KPIs maximizing VFM and ROI.
- Led insolvent P3 to trusted industry leader|Corporate Governance.
- Introduced best practices for maximizing board effectiveness.
- Amended corporate by-laws to align with new corporate strategy|Business Development.
- Started & built large CPA practice known for quality and service .
- Experience in SME start-ups, public listing/funding by IPO/RTO prospectus, cross-border M&A|Transformation (Change).
- Leadership of local start-up into Canadian head office of multinational firm.
- Transformed NPO business model preserving legacy funding & delivering new revenues|Crisis Management.
- Successfully lead - P3 through successive expropriations of revenue, Hospital physician company in epidemic, Investigation of new CEO for allegations of improper behaviour|Operational Effectiveness.
- Re-built all financial, HR and IT systems, processes, and teams|Financial Leadership.
- Conceived tax windfall with perpetual annual savings creating sustainable reserve.
- Designed corporate re-org & tax deferral with advanced tax ruling.
- agriculture-farming Medical cannabis cultivation, extraction & CPG
- healthcare Hospital physician/clinic management
- hospitality-tourism Marketing & sales management
- banking-financial-services Escrow trust services
- legal Law firm management
- design-architecture Architecture firm management
- not-for-profit Including registered charities