Brian Menezes In 60 Seconds...
Entrepreneurial CFO with CPA, 30+ years of leadership, including CEO, in finance, operations and tech for international, public, private, small and large entities + not-for-profit boards. Delivered higher growth, profitability, and equity valuation through leveraging of physical, intellectual and human capital using business planning and control, organizational buy-in, accountability and alignment
Served a trusted advisor to CEO and board of directors
Delivered significant cost reductions and improved returns on investment
Improved financial reporting, controls and organizational capacity
Led strategic planning , budgeting and tax efficiency initiatives
Negotiated divestments of non-core businesses at top of desired price range
Track Record Highlights
- As a public company CFO, delivered multimillion-dollar earnings/revenue +23.4% efficiency over 5 years, from Lean and six-Sigma cost reductions and improved operating accountability
- Delivered major efficiencies in working capital and total assets utilization resulting in +390% higher working capital, +100% higher total assets (ROA) respectively and -98% in debt.
- Improved relationships, with the Nasdaq exchange, S&P and Moody's, SEC regulators; improved transparency, partnership and financial conditions with customers, suppliers, external auditors and lenders.
- Utilizing mostly in-house finance personnel, completed a $100 million+ corporate Chapter 11 reorganization re-emerging in just 5 months, avoiding (saved) $5-7 million in forecasted adminstrative costs
- Utilizing mostly in-house resources, delivered corporate-wide Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, enhanced financial controls/ reporting at global-wide subsidiaries and $3-5 million ilower than expected costs
- Led the targeting and negotiation of an aggregate $100 million+ in multiple M&A and divestitures initiatives for revenue growth, diversification and improved cost synergies.
- Implemented FX hedging to reduce procurement and subsidiary earnings variabilty, and a pricing strategy for foreign inter-affiliate production transfers to save unwarrented tax expenses.
- manufacturing, transport & logistics: Automotive & industrial
- technology, media-telecoms: Internet software
- property / real-estate: Office & Warehousing
- Services: Small Business Consulting