Bhavna Duggal In 60 Seconds...
A high-impact operational, fractional CFO in Burlington Greater Toronto Area, Bhavna is a seasoned executive and board member with 17+ years in finance, fundraising, transformation and M&A expertise with small, medium and large enterprises across Canada, Europe & Asia with a track record of business development & revenue growth. Operational driver focused on modernization of finance including innovative budgeting, predictive analytics & forecasting, financial reporting & business performance measurement. Expertise in client relationship management to onboard & develop strong customer base and manage key investor relations with the Board & shareholders.
Having a long-standing commitment to the education and healthcare sectors, Bhavna is on the Board of a number of organisations, including a leading provincial College in Ontario, and with Ascend Canada whose mission is to elevate diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Keen to pay it forward in the community, Bhavna volunteers with the Toronto Health Network of Hospitals and the UHN Foundation’s fundraising committee to raise awareness and funding for the healthcare system.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Awarded with distinction of Fellowship – FCCA Chartered Accountant in 2014 by the ACCA, United Kingdom.
Board Member Ascend Canada, focused on enhancing diversity & inclusion in Corporate Canada
Recognized as a finalist in the inaugural Women in Finance Awards for 2019 in Canada
Profit improvement and cost savings through restructuring of personnel, standardisation of business model & automation of finance & operations.
Improving revenue models from order to cash, procure to pay, record to report.
Budgeting & Forecasting
Streamlined cash management, forecasting and planning, making estimates more accurate.
Led capital planning, funding, negotiation, due diligence and post-purchase integration.
Transformation & Implementation
ERP & systems automation for accurate & timely financial close and reporting
Track Record Highlights
- Led 50% reduction in reporting errors and 10% improvement in financial close process over 6-months.
- Improved profit margins 30% and enhanced revenue model in 18-months.
- Led $25M+ in cross-functional services revenue over 4 years.
- Achieved $2.5M cost savings over 1-year through automation, lean management and re-engineering of key processes in operations and finance.
- Led financial strategy roadmap & identified corporate objectives linked to multi-million-dollar revenue potential for the following 5 years.
- Help businesses define climate strategy & net zero targets with sustainable finance and ESG frameworks including SASB, GRI, TCFD, SBTi, ISSB standards.
- Career total of $250m equity financing advising companies on funding & capital requirements.
- Implemented NetSuite ERP over 18-months leading to accurate and timely reporting to investors / shareholders.
- Technology: Fintech, Start-ups
- Real Estate Management, REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts)
- Educational Institutions, Pharmaceuticals, Renewables
- Financial Services and Capital Markets: Banks, Credit Unions, Insurance, Pension Funds, Private Equity, Venture Capital, Mortgage providers, Speciality Lenders,
- Asset Management, Infrastructure, Private Credit, Fixed Income, Public Market Alternatives, Hedge Funds, Fund of Funds
- Retail, Consumer Goods, Cannabis
Looking For Something Specific?
Tell us what you're looking for & in as little as 48-hours of contacting us, we'll arrange a meeting with a Fractional CFO from our team of 100+ who has the experience you need to help you achieve the numbers that really matter to you.
Let us save you (valuable) time searching. Contact us.